The NumbersAll I knew was that things had irreversibly changed where I was and I had to move on and join up with Clements and Porpe who had left months earlier. It was a scary move with a kid on the way and no real plans. That was one year ago today. A lot of things have gone down since then. How about a recap? Let's start with a few high level numbers. As you know, I'm attracted to the digits.
- 2,128 photos posted
3,450 skateboarder profiles created and/or updated.
- Thanks mostly in part to adidas US, Nike Europe, Copenhagen, Zumiez, Empire Canada, Charmcity, Transworld, Titus Germany, Zappos, Vans US and Canada, Kimberley Diamond Cup, Grind for Life, and other organizations for using The Boardr Live in their events which helps constantly maintain and improve The Boardr database.
- 540 posts to The Boardr Blog
- 713 get my personal delivery of all things skateboarding.
- 6,178 Instagram followers.
- 171,802 site visits, 106k uniques. Not as much as I thought. Building a web audience is hard if it's not your only job.
- 166,389 YouTube video views with 736 subscribers.
- 2,253 Facebook Likes.
- 1 skateboard store opened.
- 6 full time employees making enough to pay the bills.
Damn, what a first year to look back on for The Boardr. It's been a fun and rewarding one back working together with Porpe, Clements, Justin, HiDefJoe, Bob, and the rest of the crew. I can't wait to tell you about the next year and the year after that. They're already in the works. Thanks for following along!