LES Skate Park, 62 Pike Street, New York, New York 10002
- 6pm - 9pm - Patrick Wallner “The Eurasia Project” book release and photo show presented by adidas
- SoHo Arts Club, 136 Bowery, Manhattan
- 6pm - 8pm - Private Event: Panel discussion hosted by HHF, G-Shock, adidas Skateboarding, and The Boardr
- Amateur skaters competing in the HHF Wildcard Contest division of The Boardr Am and participants of the HHF Legacy program will learn about the ins and outs of working in the skateboarding industry from a panel of industry veterans
- 7pm - 9pm - HUF x HHF Capsule Release Party and Photo Show
- HUF NYC Store, 125 Crosby Street, Manhattan
- 10am - 5pm - The Boardr Am, an open top amateur skateboarding series
- Register Now
- Third Annual HHF Wildcard Contest
- The winner of the HHF Wildcard Contest will receive an all-expenses paid trip to The Boardr Am Season Finals at the Am Getting Paid contest in Montreal, Canada. 20 local skaters will be given the opportunity to participate
- 1pm - 4pm - Private Event: They Skate All Gender Skate Jam presented by adidas Skateboarding and the Harold Hunter Foundation
- BRUJAS Training Facility Exhibit at Performance Space NY
- The Harold Hunter Foundation and adidas Skateboarding will invite a small group of female, gender-fluid and non-binary skateboarders alongside male allies for a private skate session with a Live DJ. The skate park designed by Industrial Designer Jonathan Olivares consists of a series of pink concrete ledges and a long bleacher (constructed with Performance Space New York’s staging equipment). Founded as Performance Space 122 in 1980 from an explosion of radical self-expression amidst the intensifying American culture wars, Performance Space New York is the birthplace of contemporary performance as it is known today. This event takes a unique opportunity to promote unity through a celebration of skateboarding in the context of performance art, providing a different type of engagement than the other competition style events throughout the weekend. For more information on the Training Facility, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Harold Hunter Day XII Skate Jam
- All ages skate jam featuring pop-up “Best Trick” contests with cash and prizes, live music, and a massive product toss.
- 12pm - 2:30pm - Open Skate
- 2:30pm - 3pm - G-Shock Best Trick Contest - obstacle TBD
- 1st $250, 2nd $150, 3rd $100
- 3:30pm - 4pm - Skullcandy Best Trick Contest - obstacle TBD
- 1st $250, 2nd $150, 3rd $100
- 4:30pm - 5pm - adidas Best Trick Contest - Double Set
- $1,500 in cash to be given away
- 5:30pm - Awards
- The Zumiez Destroyer Award goes to a special standout who embodies the Harold Hunter spirit, coming from anything having to do with ripping skating, style, side antics, or just overall killing it.
- 5:45pm - Product Toss
Follow @haroldhunterfoundation and @theboardr for updates. We'll be using the hashtag #haroldhunterday.
The 2018 Harold Hunter Weekend will take place at multiple locations across New York City kicking off with a book release party of Patrick Wallner’s The Eurasia Project. The photobook chronicles the travels of Wallner and his likeminded companions under the name Visualtraveling, exploring all the one-hundred-and-one nations across the European and Asian continent throughout the last decade.
For all media inquiries, please contact:Jessica Forsyth | HHF Co-Founder/Executive Director | email@example.com