Vans Park Series 2020
Who Skates in the Pro Tour?
- Men's Pro Tour Prelims are open to invited skaters. Women's Pro Tour Prelims are completely open.
- Select Pros, chosen Wildcards, and Regional Qualifiers winners are seeded in the World Championships Semi-Finals.
Who Skates in the Regionals?
- Regionals are open to anyone. Consists of a Men's and Women's division that is open to all ages and gender orientations.
- The highest placing male and female from each Region get a spot in the Semi-Finals of the World Championships with flight and accomodations provided.
Find out what region your country is in:
Organized Jams Format Scoring
- Judges score on a 0 to 100 point scale with the average being your final score. Judges score on an overall impression of all runs taken. Ties in organized jam format will be broken at the discretion of the head judge.
- Announcer will indicate to the skaters when an intro run or jam can begin.
- Time starts after all intro runs are completed and the first skater drops to to start the jam time.
- VPS judges analyze the following elements when scoring:
- Commitment and degree of difficulty
- Creativity and use of entire course and features
- Combination of maneuvers with more emphasis on distance traveled through air, slides, or grinds versus stationary tricks
- Speed, style, flow and power
- There are no alternates that advance past Prelims and Semi-Finals rounds. If a Semi-Finals or Finals skater cannot skate their jam, that spot will not be filled.
- Skaters should be checked in at least 15 minutes prior to published start time.
- In the event of broken or missing equipment, the skater must still skate when called or forfeit their current jam.
- In the event of injuries, skaters must still skate when called or forfeit their current jam.
- In the case of a head injury, the skater must immediately be seen by VPS medical staff and be cleared before being permitted to skate again.
- If the event cannot complete due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, the most recent round of completed jams for all skaters in the event will be used to determine final results once the contest director has made the official call that the event cannot continue. Any partially completed rounds will be discarded. If the event cannot continue and hasn’t reached the Finals round, the Semi-Finals round will count as the Final results. All skaters in jam format events must skate for the event to complete.
- Safety equipment is encouraged.
Select Pros are the top 8 from 2019 World Championships.
- Women: Sakura Yosozumi, Kokona Hiraki, Mami Tezuka, Poppy Starr Olsen, Kody Tamanaha, Grace Marhoefer, Lizzie Armanto, Kihana Ogawa
- Men: Oskar Rozenberg Hallberg, Alex Sorgente, Tristan Rennie, CJ Collins, Roman Pabich, Clay Kreiner, Luiz Francisco, Jake Wooten