Men's and Women's
The local government owned skatepark has a helmet rulewhich Japanese nationals have to abide by.
Kugenuma Skatepark, 4 Chome-4-1 Kugenumakaigan, Fujisawa-shi, Kanagawa-ken 251-0037
Registration is $100USD and is done online.
Men's RegistrationWomen's Registration
- 12pm - 2pm: Open Practice and Registration
- 2pm - 5pm: Open Session - Duct Tape Festival Skate Jam
- 10am - 1pm: Women’s Registration and Practice
- 1pm - 5pm: Men’s Registration and Practice
- 10am - 11:30am: Open Practice and Registration
- 11:30am - 12pm: Women’s Practice
- 12pm: Women’s Prelims and Finals
- Immediately following: Women’s Awards and Men’s Practice
- 2pm: Men’s Prelims and Finals
- Immediately following: Men’s Awards
- Organized Jams format
- 5 skater Jams, skate in order
- 4 runs each
- Max 30 seconds or skate until you fall
- Judged on overall impression
- Top 8 advance to Finals in one Jam
- Prelims will be eliminated if participation is below 15 skaters
The winner in both Men's and Women's for each Regionals gets a spot in the World Championships in Utah along with airfare and lodging for the trip.
We're staying at 8HOTEL, Japan, Kanagawa, Fujisawa and Sotetsu Fresa Inn Fujisawa-Minamiguchi.
Follow @TheBoardr, @VansParkSeries, and #VansParkSeries for the coverage and the latest information on the series.